Young Composer Workshops begin Saturday, Jan. 27
January 16, 2018
Summit Music and Arts is hosting a series of workshops for young composers beginning on Jan. 27.
Other Saturday workshops will be on Feb. 10 and 24, and March 10 and 17, all from 1:30-4:30 p.m. Students are welcome to attend any or all of the workshops after completing the registration process.
The workshops are free and open to musicians ages 8 to 18 who are either already composing their original music or want to learn how to compose. The workshops will address all aspects of composition for solo instruments and small ensembles, according to the nonprofit group, as well as providing opportunity for new compositions to be performed.
Registration is required with a one-time $10 administration fee. Workshop attendees will receive a $10 credit toward a composition entry in the 2018 Young Composer Competition, and this is the only fee due.
Once registration is complete, the workshops are entirely free with the support of the Slifer, Smith and Frampton Foundation and the Summit County Rotary, according to SMA.
Workshops will be held in the Strong Classroom, Silverthorne Performing Arts Center, 460 Blue River Pkwy., Silverthorne. For more, visit SummitMusicAndArts.org.
Trending In: Local
- Dave and Amanda Repsher settle back into Summit County life years after deadly helicopter crash
- Summit Daily letters: Shame on you, town of Breck
- Summit County is contemplating changing tax assessment rates on for-profit homeowners
- String of fights at Summit High School could lead to charges against multiple students
- CPW sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home