Police: Student ate more pot than recommended
December 15, 2014
DENVER — Authorities say a Wyoming college student who jumped to his death from a Denver hotel balcony ate more than the recommended serving of a marijuana cookie.
Police reports released Thursday said 19-year-old Levy Thamba Pongi consumed a little more than one cookie that his friend purchased from a pot shop.
The reports say a clerk told his friends to cut it into six pieces and eat one piece at a time. The friends did so, but it's unclear from the reports whether Pongi heard the advice.
Pongi's friends told investigators he began speaking erratically in French and pulling things off walls. Authorities say he then jumped to his death.
An autopsy report from the March 11 incident lists marijuana intoxication as a significant contributing factor in the death.
Trending In: Marijuana
- Dooby Do’s and Don’ts: What you need to know about marijuana in Colorado
- Backcountry Cannabis Co. sells Breckenridge store to Denver-based dispensary
- Weed Index: Wholesale pot prices at all-time low in Colorado
- Colorado advances edible marijuana restrictions
- Colorado cannabis: Exploring the mad science of marijuana
- Frisco residents resist ballot measure that would authorize workforce housing on “pocket park”
- In Summit County, vacation rentals often, but not always, more profitable than long-term leasing
- Crepes a la Cart’s second location eases pressure on one of Breckenridge’s longest, most prohibitive lines
- Steamboat woman turns over custody of embattled husky Sitka
- The new normal: Changes to blood pressure guidelines you should know