Police: Student ate more pot than recommended
December 15, 2014
DENVER — Authorities say a Wyoming college student who jumped to his death from a Denver hotel balcony ate more than the recommended serving of a marijuana cookie.
Police reports released Thursday said 19-year-old Levy Thamba Pongi consumed a little more than one cookie that his friend purchased from a pot shop.
The reports say a clerk told his friends to cut it into six pieces and eat one piece at a time. The friends did so, but it's unclear from the reports whether Pongi heard the advice.
Pongi's friends told investigators he began speaking erratically in French and pulling things off walls. Authorities say he then jumped to his death.
An autopsy report from the March 11 incident lists marijuana intoxication as a significant contributing factor in the death.
Trending In: Marijuana
- Dooby Do’s and Don’ts: What you need to know about marijuana in Colorado
- Runner’s high: Marijuana’s place in athletics continues to evolve
- Colorado marijuana sales since January 2014 reach $5 billion
- Backcountry Cannabis Co. sells Breckenridge store to Denver-based dispensary
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape (video)
- Peaks trail dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall