Best summer craft beers in the mountain towns near Breckenridge, CO
August 15, 2016
If there is one thing Coloradans love more than outdoor recreation, it has to be craft beer. According to Brewers Association's website, the state of Colorado was ranked third out of the 50 states for the most craft breweries. As of 2015, the state of Colorado had 284 craft breweries, and six of those breweries are right here in Summit County. This is easy-drinking season (summer), and our local breweries are whipping up light brews to suit the warm weather. Check out the list below, highlighting the best seasonal craft brews here this summer!
• Broken Compass Brewing (68 Continental Ct., (970) 368-2772) is a local favorite that constantly offers new brews. This week, they're tapping a beer called the Mosaic IPA, that is following the current "hazy beer" trend. Unlike most beers of lighter color, the Mosaic IPA is slightly opaque. It is an energizing, delicious IPA with a touch of a pine flavor. With a soft-hoppiness, this IPA is a great pick for summer.
• Breckenridge Brewery & Pub (600 S. Main St., (970) 453-1550) is a nationally known brewery that originated right here in Summit County. With plenty of seasonal specials on tap right now, including the Ocean Cake Gose, you can't miss visiting this brewery. The Ocean Cake Gose possesses a very unique flavor, with margarita-like tones. This beer is very light, but its lemon tartness keeps things interesting.
• Pug Ryan's Brewing Company (104 Village Pl., (970) 468-2145) brews their taps for the "outlaw in you." Their Morningwood Wheat is similar to a Hefe Weizen, in that it is light, highly carbonated and contains fruity aromas. This beer is sure to pair well with any summer outing, as it is thirst-quenching and light. With low bitterness and plenty of citrus tones, this beer is easy to throw back, even with a plate of delicious food.
Recommended Stories For You
• Dillon Dam Brewery (100 Little Dam St., (970) 262-7777) is a large brewery with over a dozen beers on tap to choose from. Amongst many of their seasonal brews is the Hazy Recollection, a small batch beer. This is another hazy type beer with light hoppy touches and fruity undertones. With a foggy, light orange hue this beer may come across as low in alcohol percentage, but don't let its appearance fool you!
• The Bakers' Brewery (531 Silverthorne Ln., (970) 468-0170) is both a bakery and a brewpub with a series of taps that rotates frequently to showcase their seasonal creations. This past weekend, Bakers' Brewery tapped the Summit Sunset Saison. Golden yellow, with delicious mango and ginger touches, this saison is unlike any other. Each sip of this beer is an exhilarating adventure, leaving you refreshed.
• Backcountry Brewery (720 Main St., (970) 668-2337) is sure to be a memorable experience with year-round staples and seasonal delights to choose from. This summer, Backcountry is tapping the Zuma Cornice Grapefruit American Sour — what a mouthful, both literally and figuratively. Each sip of this brew holds a burst of grapefruit and an essence of sour zest. It's seasonal, so don't wait too long to taste this saison.
Trending In: NA
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- High Country Crime: Former teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)