Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
September 26, 2016
Kelly Samuels, 47, of Fairplay, Colorado, since 2003, passed away on Friday, September 23, 2016. He was born May 19, 1969 in Marshalltown, Iowa to David Samuels and Shirley GidgeReed. He married Caryn (Busenitz) Samuels on July 5, 2008 in Breckenridge, Colorado.
Kelly graduated from Marshalltown High School and then joined the United States Navy where he worked on a Nuclear Submarine for two-and-a-half years. He then worked as a chef in Texas before going to work for Travis Construction. He was a wonderful, caring and loving father and husband. He loved target shooting, four wheeling in his Bronco, telling jokes and making people laugh.
Kelly is survived by his wife Caryn Samuels of Fairplay; son Dylan Samuels of Silverthorne; mother Shirley GidgeReed of Marshalltown; father David Samuels of Marshalltown; sister Angie Crawford of Fairview, Texas and his grandfather Eldon Brittain of Marshalltown. He is preceded in death by his grandmother Arlene Oldfield of Kalone, Iowa.
A visitation will be held on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the South Park Christian Chapel in Fairplay. A funeral service will be held on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 10 a.m. at the South Park Christian Chapel. Runyan-Kent Funeral Home of Fairplay is assisting the family with arrangements.
Please visit http://www.kentfuneralhomes.com to leave a condolence or remembrance for Kelly's family.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breck’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape