Obituary: Charles Edwin Stott, Jr.
August 23, 2017
Charles Edwin Stott, Jr., 84, passed away peacefully at his home in Evergreen on Aug. 19, 2017. Charlie is survived by his wife of 55 years, Juanita, daughter Vicki (Koch), and sons; Charles, Tim, and Bruce and seven grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, Charles Sr. and Ethel, and sister Priscilla. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather, son, and brother, and valued friend to many others. Charlie was born to Charles Sr. and Ethel (nee McKnight) in El Paso, Texas, in 1933. He later transferred to the Colorado School of Mines from University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1968. He was General Manager of Climax Mine and President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Amax Gold, Inc. Charles served as President and CEO of Horizon Resources and later served terms in several corporate board positions, chairmanships and directorships including as chairman of the board of Hazen Research, Inc, of Golden, for 15 years. He was also a Trustee Emeritus of the Colorado School of Mines. Charlie was always happy being in the Colorado mountains he loved, especially when accompanied by his family. Charlie requested a small private funeral. The family will arrange a celebration of life to follow at a later date. Visit http://www.EvergreenMemorialPark.com for more information.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Silverthorne eyes new regulations for short-term rentals
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders
- Colorado hiking trails with waterfalls: South Willow Falls
- Trial begins for Justin Erwin, one of four accused in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault