Obituary: Gene Marlin Osman
June 1, 2016
Gene Marlin Osman
Nov. 17, 1933 — May 24, 2016
Gene Osman was born in Wisconisco, Pennsylvania to Myrtle and John Osman. He was one of nine siblings.
Gene cherished nothing more than sharing his entertaining stories over a cold beer or vintage wine while surrounded by his family and friends. He was honest, fair, fun-loving and adventurous. He enjoyed bringing coffee to his wife at work each afternoon. He treasured living in the mountains, although he never learned to ski. And he loved his work, claiming that each of his careers had a 20-year life span — with the U.S. Air Force, as a financial broker and as a successful attorney.
Gene was the beloved husband of Jana Hlavaty. He is survived by his youngest brother, Jay, children Janylle and Scott, daughter-in-law Carol, and his grandchildren. He was loved by many and will be dearly missed. A celebration of life will be planned in July.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)