Obituary: James Max Krell
May 16, 2017
James Max Krell
Dec 09, 1949 – Apr 27, 2017
James Max Krell of Silverthorne, CO died suddenly April 27, 2017 from acute heart failure. He was born and raised in Kingsport, Tennessee, received his BS from Michigan State University, and PhD from the University of Maryland. For decades he served the healthcare and banking industries through information technology and systems support. Jim had a brilliant mathematical mind; he was a demanding teacher and fond of challenging his sons. But his greatest joys were theology and mysticism; he could spend hours sharing his faith with friends. He had a thunderous voice and loved music, especially music's ability to reveal God. To his family he was a steadfast and selfless provider, and he was a fiercely devoted friend. Even as his body failed, he kept praising God. Surviving James are his wife Linda, sons David, Robert, Ben, and John, their wives and many grandchildren. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to Lutheran World Relief, the American Red Cross, or Saint Francis Service Dogs. There will be a celebration of life service July 8, 2017 at 11:00 AM at Holy Shepherd Lutheran Church in Lakewood, CO.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders
- Successful fight against the Buffalo Mountain Fire rooted in stellar performances, strong relationships
- Erwin faces his accuser, law enforcement officials, in second day of testimony
- Is it time for Summit County residents to start prepping roofs for winter?