Obituary: Keith S. Bond
August 2, 2017
Keith S. Bond
July 21, 2017
Keith S. Bond, 81, of Summit Cove, Dillon, CO, died peacefully on Friday, July 21, 2017, after a year's declining health. An active, smooth skier and backpacker in his native New Hampshire and for years in Colorado, Keith taught high school mathematics in New Hampshire and Connecticut.
Upon retiring to Summit County in the early 1990s, he volunteered many years at the front desk for the U.S. Forest Service, helped build Habitat Houses, helped start and run PFLAG (Parents, Family, and Friends of Gays and Lesbians), spoke to health classes about kindness and acceptance, and loved skiing with local friends and with visiting friends from Canada and Australia.
He is survived by his wife of 60 years, Barbara B. Bond, his daughter Dr. Brea Bond and daughter-in-law Michelle Burzynski of Sandia Park, NM, and was preceded in death by his son Kevin in 1978. He served as "father of the bride" several times for both straight and gay ceremonies. He cherished hiking and skiing with a number of "honorary" family members such as his hiking daughters, skiing daughters, and grandchildren from Colorado and Australia.
A Celebration of Life will be held Sept. 16, 2017 from 1-3 pm at the Bond home, 222 Vail Circle, Dillon. Bring memories and photos to share. RSVP to bondbrea@yahoo. com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Letter to the Editor: SDN not-so fair and balanced