Obituary: Larry Beebe
June 7, 2016
June 11, 1942 — May 16, 2016
Long-time Summit County resident Larry Beebe, 73, died on May 16 from unexpected complications as he battled lung cancer with optimism and grace. A former vice president of SC Johnson and Son, located in Racine, Wisconsin, Larry retired to the mountains of Colorado to happily indulge his love of skiing, hiking, Jeeping, photography and giving back to others.
Larry was an enthusiastic backer of the organizations and activities that make Summit County a special place to live. He was past president of the Board of Trustees of the Summit Foundation and served as a board member of the Lake Dillon Theatre Foundation. Most recently, he volunteered his time for Project Angel Heart, which delivers meals to Colorado residents living with life-threatening illnesses.
Larry is survived by his husband, Cyril Bacani, who ensured that Larry's last years were anchored in the knowledge that our lives are most meaningful when they are grounded in truth. Larry is also survived by loving family and friends who delighted in his intrepid heart and in his kind and giving nature. He was predeceased by his parents and by a succession of beloved dogs who surely raced to meet him as he crossed the bridge from this adventure to the next.
A celebration of Larry's life will be held at his Denver home on his birthday, June 11. In honor of Larry, memorials to the Summit Foundation or to Project Angel Heart have been suggested.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Developer blasts Silverthorne town council after Hudson Park Lofts project falls through
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Frisco town manager announces resignation effective Oct. 9