Obituary: Mark Alan Emore
May 5, 2018
Mark Alan Emore
Oct. 24, 1949 – Jan. 27, 2018
MARK ALAN EMORE, age 68, was born October 24, 1949 to Henry Baillif Emore and Helen Jean Emore. He unexpectedly passed away doing what he loved, in a motorcycle accident in Mesa, AZ on January 27, 2018. He lived in Summit County Colorado his entire life, until retiring in 2012 when he began sharing his time between Summit County and Mesa, AZ.
Mark was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather and friend to so many. He had a big heart, a warm smile and incredible patience. Mark graduated from Breckenridge High School and had an Associate Degree in Drafting. He retired in 2012 from Xcel Energy after 32+ years of service with them. Mark enjoyed working on vehicles and various home projects as well as helping his family and friends with their projects.
He is survived by his wife of 32 years, Kathy Jo "Blanch" Emore, their two sons, Lindsay and Lansing Emore, and their families; his sister Marcella Perkins and family, and brother Michael Emore and family. His granddaughter, Oaklee Anne Emore, was the sunshine of his life. Mark has countless extended family and close friends who miss him dearly.
Mark was preceded in death by his parents, brother Eugene Emore, parents-in-law Robert and Winnifred Blanch, nephew Brian Jarvis, half-brother Kevin Dudley and sister-in-law Marilyn Dudley.
There will be a Celebration of Mark's life on Saturday May 26, 2018 from 11am to 5pm at the Summit County Elks Lodge, Blue River Parkway, Silverthorne, Colorado.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge Town Council set to ban Segways after Aspen business inquires about expansion
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Letter | Gansmann: Enough is enough on county requests for blank checks