Obituary: Michael E. ( Mickey) Hill
September 26, 2013
Michael E. ( Mickey) Hill
Michael E. ( Mickey) Hill, a longtime resident of Summit County, died September 19, 2013, at his home. He was born in Nashville, Tennessee on November 12, 1931. He graduated from the University of Oklahoma. He served in the United States Army for 30 years and retired in June, 1981. During his years in the Army he served in Germany and Southeast Asia as well as time spent in the United States. He spent many hours working with the troops under his command, was held in high regard by them and respected for his fairness, honor and honesty. Mickey retired to Summit County in 1981 and considered Summit County his "home town". He spent 25 years working in the ski industry at Copper Mountain, Keystone and Loveland. He never met a stranger and was always happy to share a story. Mickey loved working in his yard and was very proud of his well shoveled driveway in the winter.
He was preceded in death by his beloved Grandmother, Josephine Eure, his parents Pancho and Mary Hill, his brother Jim Hill, & his grandson Jay Steven Woodward. Survivors include his wife, Ann, daughters, Libby and Melissa, son, Randy, granddaughters Mariah Hammerschmidt, Joey Hill, Chani Spear, great-granddaughters, Caden Tesch, Jaci and Sophia Spear, great-grandson Sean Spear.
He will be missed.
Trending In: Obituaries
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- High Country Crime: Former teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED