Obituary: Rachel Violet Schwartz
October 12, 2016
Rachel Violet Schwartz
Sept. 8, 1986
to Oct. 11, 2016
Rachel Violet Schwartz was a Summit County local residing in Frisco from 2009-16. Originally from Hooksett, New Hampshire, Rachel moved to Summit County after graduating from Johnson State College in northern Vermont. It was during her years as an employee at Ollie's Pub & Grub in Frisco that Rachel formed countless friendships and became a "local" in the community. When Rachel wasn't working, she was always enjoying the outdoors, snowboarding or hiking with her dog to Rainbow Lake. She had an infectious smile and an uplifting personality and was always making sure everybody was having a great time. In the summer of 2016, Rachel moved back east in pursuit of a career change and to be closer to family and lifelong friends. She settled in Portland, Maine, and was quickly becoming a local in the community there as well.
On Tuesday, Rachel was involved in a car accident that prematurely claimed her life. She will be deeply missed by all of those she has come to know in the Summit County community and back east in New Hampshire and Maine. Rachel's incredible spirit will forever live on here in Summit County through the countless people she touched and lifelong friends that she has made. Plans for a memorial in Frisco will be released ASAP.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne