Obituary: Ruben Graff
July 21, 2017
Apr 11, 1927 — Jul 17, 2017
Ruben Graff left this earth July 17, 2017 in Fort Collins, CO at the age of 90. Ruben suffered a massive stroke March 7, 2017 at his home in Arizona, He was born in Brighton, CO where as a child he helped with the family farm. By high school the family moved to Denver where Ruben attended Manual High School. From there he was a Merchant Marine and served in World War II for the United States Coast Guard. After his Coast Guard assignment he returned to Denver where he met and married his wife of 67 years, Donna Jean. Ruben owned his own waste management company for years, serving the greater metro Denver area. After selling his business he and Donna Jean had a desire to live in the mountains and therefore built a home in Breckenridge in 1976 where they lived for 37 years. Ruben went to work for the Summit County School District and retired from there. Ruben and Donna Jean were able to enjoy both their Breckenridge home and a home in Arizona. Ruben very much enjoyed fishing, golfing and skiing, which he really took advantage of doing so as often as he could. Ruben leaves behind many memories of wonderful times with family and friends. Survived by Donna Jean his wife, daughters Karen (Dan), Debbie (Denis), Sherry (Corky), Cindy (Scott), 9 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Town staff recommends that Breckenridge should keep controversial troll in place for now
- Swastikas, SS bolts spray painted on Sheriff Jaime FitzSimons’ campaign posters
- ‘We knew it was arson’; Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were the country’s ‘worst eco-terrorist attack’
- Loveland Ski Area honors former owner with symbolic first chair to open season
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?