Obituary: Warren Edward Gardner
June 13, 2015
Warren Edward Gardner
April 17, 1925 – March 18, 2015
On March 18, 2015, Warren Gardner passed away at his home in St. George, Utah at the age of 89.
Warren was born in Silt, Colorado, to Harry and Arline Gardner. He graduated from Garfield County High School in 1943 and was drafted into the U.S. Infantry, where he proudly served as a member of the 69th Infantry Division. Following his Honorable Discharge in May of 1946, Warren attended the University of Colorado and graduated summa cum laude with a degree in civil engineering. He was married first to Shirley Ness and later to Darlene Mitchell, who remained his closest friend and companion until his death.
Warren is survived by his first wife, Shirley Ness Gardner and their sons Steven (Lucinda) Gardner and Rick (Aline) Gardner, by his wife Darlene Mitchell Gardner and her three children, Julie (David) Lonczak, Kevin (SunHee) Mitchell, and Todd Mitchell, and by nine grandchildren.
A Celebration of Life service will be held at the Colorado Hotel in Glenwood Springs on Sunday, June 21 beginning at 2 p.m. In lieu of flowers the family suggests memorial contributions in Warren's memory may be made to Hospice through Intermountain Home and Health Care in St. George, Utah.
Trending In: Obituaries
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs