People in the News | SummitDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

People in the News

NEW YORK – “Sex and the City” co-star Kristin Davis may return to TV not as a desperate housewife, but a highly curious oneDavis will star in an ABC one-hour pilot tentatively titled, “Soccer Moms,” reports Hollywood Reporter. The potential series centers on two suburban housewives who team up as private investigators.A publicist for Davis confirmed the agreement Tuesday.If picked up, the show would be ABC’s second foray into the secret lives of seemingly domestic women. The network’s “Desperate Housewives” has been one of the season’s biggest hits.Davis, 39, played Charlotte York on “Sex and the City.” The HBO series ended last year.Salsa star busted for ditched concertBOGOTA, Colombia – Venezuelan salsa star Oscar D’Leon was arrested and jailed when he tried to leave the country after failing to perform at a scheduled concert, officials said.D’Leon, known as the “Devil of Salsa,” was detained Monday at the airport in Barranquilla, 435 miles north of Bogota, as he prepared to return to Venezuela, policeman Emilio Vence said Tuesday in a phone interview.Concert organizers had filed a complaint against D’Leon, saying his failure to appear at the concert Friday caused a disturbance as disappointed fans destroyed chairs and other objects. It is illegal in Colombia for anyone with legal proceedings against him or her to leave the country.”He wasn’t locked up in a dungeon, but rather a room with air conditioning,” said Vence, head of the Colombian secret police in Atlantico province. “We treated him the way someone of his stature deserves to be treated.”D’Leon, who was on the marquee to play in Barranquilla’s carnival celebrations, told local Caracol radio Tuesday he backed out because organizers refused to pay an advance fee. He said he hoped “the people who have done this take time to reflect, and they should be worried because they stirred up this ballyhoo for which they are to blame, not me.”Concert organizer Gregorio Rico said an advance payment was made to the salsa star.”We hope the city understands and knows that it’s not our fault … and that Oscar should apologize to the city,” he said.D’Leon, 61, has suffered several heart attacks in recent years, but has refused to retire. He began his career in 1973 with the group Dimension Latina. Four years later, he launched a solo career during which he recorded more than 50 albums and worked with artists including Celia Cruz, Tito Puente and Arturo Sandoval.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.

Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.

Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User