Potentially disastrous fire doused at Bubba Gump’s | SummitDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Potentially disastrous fire doused at Bubba Gump’s

JANE STEBBINS

BRECKENRIDGE – Firefighters credit the quick thinking of Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. employee Loni Choltco, who smelled smoke while she was conducting bathroom checks and called 911 thus saving the building Saturday evening.According to Red, White and Blue Fire public information officer Mike Roll, the floor under the furnace was slowly burning. As employees helped evacuate the building, firefighters opened the floor and came up from the second-story ceiling to extinguish the fire.There was minimal fire and water damage to the boiler room and the women’s bathroom, and no one was injured.”Had this fire not been noticed as early as it was, it could have been disastrous,” Roll said. “The potential for a fire of this type to creep between the floors and burn the building’s support structures away makes it a very dangerous situation for the occupants and firefighters.”The restaurant was extremely busy at the time of the fire. “They didn’t get the Bubba Gump’s experience they wanted,” said general manager Keith Barton. “But thank goodness for the Red, White and Blue Fire Department.”


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.

Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.

Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User