Quick actions of neighbors prevent disaster in Cove fire | SummitDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Quick actions of neighbors prevent disaster in Cove fire

SUMMIT COVE – The actions of neighbors saved the day Saturday afternoon, when a structure fire broke out in a mobile home community in Summit Cove.

Firefighters responded to 148 Circle E in Swan Meadow Village at 2:43 p.m. Saturday. The owner of the home, Stephen Root, was not at home.

When neighbors spotted the fire, they quickly reacted, ensuring the safety of the neighborhood, according to David Williams, public information officer for Snake River Fire Rescue.



Two girls, Carol Campbell and Chelsea Neal, saw the fire and called 911.

Meanwhile, other neighbors came to the rescue by throwing and shoveling snow on to the structure to control the burn.



“Because of their quick thinking, we were able to get on the scene and prevent property loss,” said Williams. “We were able to go in and knock it down and save most of the property.”

The small fire originated in the ceiling above a wood-burning stove.

According to Williams, the fire did minimal harm to the mobile home, burning the roof and side wall and inflicting some smoke damage.

Twelve firefighters from Snake River Fire Rescue and Lake Dillon Fire Rescue responded to the scene and extinguished the fire.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.

Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.

Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User