6 scenic southwest Colorado hot springs to warm up and wind down
October 5, 2017
Steam with a slight sulfur smell mixes with the cold, fresh smell of mountain rain. Soaking muscles slowly relax and racing minds calm down.
Ahhh, hot springs. No wonder they're often called healing wonders.
Colorado is lucky to have so many of these geological marvels scattered throughout our mountains, from Steamboat Springs to the southern border. Here's a southwestern circuit, starting in Pagosa Springs and venturing west and north to Ridgway and beyond.
The Springs at Pagosa
Trending In: Regional
- Mountain Town News: No mountain town was too isolated to avoid pandemic
- Mountain Town News: Even as snow falls, rising worries about fire season
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral