6 scenic southwest Colorado hot springs to warm up and wind down
October 5, 2017
Steam with a slight sulfur smell mixes with the cold, fresh smell of mountain rain. Soaking muscles slowly relax and racing minds calm down.
Ahhh, hot springs. No wonder they're often called healing wonders.
Colorado is lucky to have so many of these geological marvels scattered throughout our mountains, from Steamboat Springs to the southern border. Here's a southwestern circuit, starting in Pagosa Springs and venturing west and north to Ridgway and beyond.
The Springs at Pagosa
Trending In: Regional
- Mountain Town News: Aspen Skiing tries to leverage influence in the U.S. Senate
- Mountain Law: Court rules social hosts not liable for injury caused by underage guest
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Colorado’s Constitutional conundrum: Gallagher vs. TABOR amendments, and what it means for us
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs