6 scenic southwest Colorado hot springs to warm up and wind down
October 5, 2017
Steam with a slight sulfur smell mixes with the cold, fresh smell of mountain rain. Soaking muscles slowly relax and racing minds calm down.
Ahhh, hot springs. No wonder they're often called healing wonders.
Colorado is lucky to have so many of these geological marvels scattered throughout our mountains, from Steamboat Springs to the southern border. Here's a southwestern circuit, starting in Pagosa Springs and venturing west and north to Ridgway and beyond.
The Springs at Pagosa
Trending In: Regional
- Mountain Town News: Two laborers suffocate when trench collapses
- Colorado’s Constitutional conundrum: Gallagher vs. TABOR amendments, and what it means for us
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- 6 scenic southwest Colorado hot springs to warm up and wind down
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Arapahoe Basin, Loveland ski areas announce opening days for 2018-19 season
- Parking garage talks suggest warming relationship between Breckenridge, Vail Resorts
- Breckenridge OKs $8 million to build town-owned fiber optic network
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- Mama bear and her three cubs spend the night in Snowmass building