Colorado Senate Dems pressure GOP on sexual harassment, push for Randy Baumgardner to be expelled
March 6, 2018
For the second time this week, Democrats in the Colorado Senate called for Republican leadership to allow debate on the resolution they sponsored to expel GOP Sen. Randy Baumgardner over accusations of sexual harassment.
"The members of the Senate should conduct themselves with the highest moral, ethical and legal standards in their duties — in their private and public lives," Sen. Angela Williams, D-Denver, said Tuesday on the Senate floor.
She said Baumgardner's actions created an intimidating, hostile and offensive workplace environment.
"For this reason, the members of the Senate Democratic caucus ask that the Senate resolution we prepared and submitted for introduction … be promptly introduced and brought to the floor for debate," Sen. Irene Aguilar, a fellow Denver Democrat, said the day before.
“The members of the Senate should conduct themselves with the highest moral, ethical and legal standards in their duties
— in their private and public lives.”Sen. Angela WilliamsD-Denver
Recommended Stories For You
Pressure from Democrats has been mounting on Senate President Kevin Grantham, R-Cañon City, since Friday's vote in the House to expel Steve Lebsock, a former Democrat of Thornton, following a wave of sexual harassment complaints leveled against him. Lebsock became a Republican moments before being cast out from the Capitol, potentially placing his seat in the hands of the GOP.
Read the full story here.
Trending In: Regional
- Remnants of hurricane help crews in Colorado, Wyoming fires
- Five years after Black Forest fire, danger looms
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Colorado study: Hunger is driving mountain lions to residential areas they would normally avoid
- Buffalo Mountain Fire 95 percent contained, locals take over
- Kona, here she comes: Nancy Peters, 60, goes from last to first in four years to win her age group at Ironman Boulder
- Buffalo Mountain Fire investigation is underway; officials urge hikers to stay out of the area
- Traffic backed up on westbound I-70 near Vail Pass
- Summit County real estate feeling impact of ‘wealth effect,’ broker says