Colorado Senate Dems pressure GOP on sexual harassment, push for Randy Baumgardner to be expelled
March 6, 2018
For the second time this week, Democrats in the Colorado Senate called for Republican leadership to allow debate on the resolution they sponsored to expel GOP Sen. Randy Baumgardner over accusations of sexual harassment.
"The members of the Senate should conduct themselves with the highest moral, ethical and legal standards in their duties — in their private and public lives," Sen. Angela Williams, D-Denver, said Tuesday on the Senate floor.
She said Baumgardner's actions created an intimidating, hostile and offensive workplace environment.
"For this reason, the members of the Senate Democratic caucus ask that the Senate resolution we prepared and submitted for introduction … be promptly introduced and brought to the floor for debate," Sen. Irene Aguilar, a fellow Denver Democrat, said the day before.
“The members of the Senate should conduct themselves with the highest moral, ethical and legal standards in their duties
— in their private and public lives.”Sen. Angela WilliamsD-Denver
Recommended Stories For You
Pressure from Democrats has been mounting on Senate President Kevin Grantham, R-Cañon City, since Friday's vote in the House to expel Steve Lebsock, a former Democrat of Thornton, following a wave of sexual harassment complaints leveled against him. Lebsock became a Republican moments before being cast out from the Capitol, potentially placing his seat in the hands of the GOP.
Read the full story here.
Trending In: Regional
- Mountain Town News: Aspen Skiing tries to leverage influence in the U.S. Senate
- Mountain Law: Court rules social hosts not liable for injury caused by underage guest
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Colorado’s Constitutional conundrum: Gallagher vs. TABOR amendments, and what it means for us
- Colorado study: Hunger is driving mountain lions to residential areas they would normally avoid
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs