Colorado Senate Dems pressure GOP on sexual harassment, push for Randy Baumgardner to be expelled
March 6, 2018
For the second time this week, Democrats in the Colorado Senate called for Republican leadership to allow debate on the resolution they sponsored to expel GOP Sen. Randy Baumgardner over accusations of sexual harassment.
"The members of the Senate should conduct themselves with the highest moral, ethical and legal standards in their duties — in their private and public lives," Sen. Angela Williams, D-Denver, said Tuesday on the Senate floor.
She said Baumgardner's actions created an intimidating, hostile and offensive workplace environment.
"For this reason, the members of the Senate Democratic caucus ask that the Senate resolution we prepared and submitted for introduction … be promptly introduced and brought to the floor for debate," Sen. Irene Aguilar, a fellow Denver Democrat, said the day before.
“The members of the Senate should conduct themselves with the highest moral, ethical and legal standards in their duties
— in their private and public lives.”Sen. Angela WilliamsD-Denver
Recommended Stories For You
Pressure from Democrats has been mounting on Senate President Kevin Grantham, R-Cañon City, since Friday's vote in the House to expel Steve Lebsock, a former Democrat of Thornton, following a wave of sexual harassment complaints leveled against him. Lebsock became a Republican moments before being cast out from the Capitol, potentially placing his seat in the hands of the GOP.
Read the full story here.
Trending In: Regional
- Mountain Town News: Why don’t more people want to play in the snow?
- As baby boomers leave ski slopes, millennials fail to fill gap
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Colorado’s most expensive toll lane, the I-70 Mountain Express Lane, to open
- Colorado study: Hunger is driving mountain lions to residential areas they would normally avoid
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Justin Erwin accepts plea agreement in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault case