Sexual harassment complaint against Sen. Randy Baumgardner deemed credible
February 1, 2018
A top Republican lawmaker in Colorado is facing potential disciplinary action for sexual harassment after an outside investigation deemed a complaint credible.
State Sen. Randy Baumgardner, the former majority whip, allegedly slapped and grabbed the buttocks of a legislative aide about four times during the 2016 legislative session inside the Capitol building during work hours, according to a complaint.
A Senate staff member told the anonymous complainant Tuesday that "the evidence suggests there should be a consequence," according to public radio station KUNC, which also first reported the allegations in November. The Denver Post independently confirmed the results of the investigation, which is the first known case involving complaints filed in recent months to move forward.
Baumgardner, a committee chairman who is sponsoring the top Republican priority this session, a transportation bill, declined to comment Thursday. When approached, he told The Post he would "talk in a bit," but the Hot Sulphur Springs lawmaker later said he was too busy to answer questions.
Read the full story at The Denver Post.
Trending In: Regional
- Winter Park man documents, coaches Afghani female ultra-runners; finds an Afghanistan unseen in mainstream
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- 6 scenic southwest Colorado hot springs to warm up and wind down
- Colorado study: Hunger is driving mountain lions to residential areas they would normally avoid
- Breckenridge theater director quits after board apologizes for Trump sketch at fundraiser
- Successful fight against the Buffalo Mountain Fire rooted in stellar performances, strong relationships
- UPDATE: Coors beer truck fire extinguished on Swan Mountain Road
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death