Sexual harassment complaint against Sen. Randy Baumgardner deemed credible
February 1, 2018
A top Republican lawmaker in Colorado is facing potential disciplinary action for sexual harassment after an outside investigation deemed a complaint credible.
State Sen. Randy Baumgardner, the former majority whip, allegedly slapped and grabbed the buttocks of a legislative aide about four times during the 2016 legislative session inside the Capitol building during work hours, according to a complaint.
A Senate staff member told the anonymous complainant Tuesday that "the evidence suggests there should be a consequence," according to public radio station KUNC, which also first reported the allegations in November. The Denver Post independently confirmed the results of the investigation, which is the first known case involving complaints filed in recent months to move forward.
Baumgardner, a committee chairman who is sponsoring the top Republican priority this session, a transportation bill, declined to comment Thursday. When approached, he told The Post he would "talk in a bit," but the Hot Sulphur Springs lawmaker later said he was too busy to answer questions.
Read the full story at The Denver Post.
Trending In: Regional
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Colorado’s Constitutional conundrum: Gallagher vs. TABOR amendments, and what it means for us
- Mountain Town News: Aspen Skiing tries to leverage influence in the U.S. Senate
- Summit Stage set to add Park County commuter bus with stops in Alma and Fairplay
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)