Settlement reached in 2008 deaths near Aspen
DENVER — The families of a Denver couple who were killed along with their two young children by carbon monoxide in a home near Aspen have settled a civil lawsuit.
Denver attorney William Hansen said Thursday that the last of the settlements involving the deaths of Caroline and Parker Lofgren and their children, 10-year-old Owen and 8-year-old Sophie, were reached earlier this month. Relatives filed a lawsuit in Denver District Court against the owner, builder, as well as companies that worked on the house and the manufacturer of a poorly vented boiler that sent the deadly gas into the home over Thanksgiving weekend 2008.
The Lofgrens had won a stay at the house in a church raffle.
Criminal charges against county and city building officials were dropped.
— The Associated Press
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.