Settlement reached in 2008 deaths near Aspen | SummitDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Settlement reached in 2008 deaths near Aspen

DENVER — The families of a Denver couple who were killed along with their two young children by carbon monoxide in a home near Aspen have settled a civil lawsuit.

Denver attorney William Hansen said Thursday that the last of the settlements involving the deaths of Caroline and Parker Lofgren and their children, 10-year-old Owen and 8-year-old Sophie, were reached earlier this month. Relatives filed a lawsuit in Denver District Court against the owner, builder, as well as companies that worked on the house and the manufacturer of a poorly vented boiler that sent the deadly gas into the home over Thanksgiving weekend 2008.

The Lofgrens had won a stay at the house in a church raffle.

Criminal charges against county and city building officials were dropped.

— The Associated Press


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.

Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.

Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User