Sex-abuse suit filed against Denver archdiocese | SummitDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Sex-abuse suit filed against Denver archdiocese

Sex-abuse suit filed against Denver archdiocese

Eds: APNewsNow. Will be led.

DENVER ” Victim advocates say another lawsuit is being filed against the Denver Archdiocese alleging sexual abuse by a former priest who died in 2006.



Jeb Barrett, the Colorado leader of a group called Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, says the case will be filed Tuesday.

Barrett says it involves allegations against Robert White, who was removed from ministry in 1993.



Earlier this month, the archdiocese agreed to settle 16 lawsuits and two out-of-court complaints involving White and two other priests.

It has settled a total of 43 sex-abuse cases since 2005 for a total of $8.2 million.

Two other suits remain unresolved, not including the one planned Tuesday.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.

Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.

Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User