3 Team Summit skiers named to U.S. Ski’s Rocky Mountain All-Star team
October 17, 2018
Three Team Summit skiers were named to the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association's Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Star team in Winter Park on Sunday.
The trio includes freestyle skiers Max Duxbury, Roxy Patnode and Tori Ware. In total, 50 alpine and freestyle skiers were named to the team, including 18 athletes from Ski & Snowboard Club Vail, 12 athletes from the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, seven athletes from the Winter Park Competition Center, five athletes from the Aspen Valley Ski Club, one alpine skier from the University of Colorado, and one unaffiliated freestyle skier.
The All-star team includes 30 alpine skiers and 20 freestyle skiers.
"We're honored to support these young alpine and freestyle skiers who have earned their spots on the All-Star team," said Colorado Ski Country USA president and CEO Melanie Mills. "It takes enormous skill and dedication to train and compete on this level, and we're proud of the accomplishments of Colorado's winter athletes."
Colorado Ski Country USA awards all 50 all-stars a CSCUSA Colorado All-Star Pass which provides unlimited access to 22 Colorado Ski Country USA resorts to train and ski during the upcoming 2018-19 season.
Trending In: Sports
- Summit Cove’s Vailles turn son’s snowshoe world championship win into experience for everyone
- Free ski clinics to kick off next month’s Summit County 50+ Winter Games
- Frisco invites Summit County community to celebrate ‘Team Frisco’
- German skier stripped of Beaver Creek Birds of Prey win for oxygen tank use
- Silverthorne snowboarder Chris Corning podiums at Austria World Cup slopestyle
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Ever-present threat of wildfire leads Breckenridge to rethink Fourth of July fireworks