3 Team Summit skiers named to U.S. Ski’s Rocky Mountain All-Star team
October 17, 2018
Three Team Summit skiers were named to the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association's Rocky Mountain Division Colorado All-Star team in Winter Park on Sunday.
The trio includes freestyle skiers Max Duxbury, Roxy Patnode and Tori Ware. In total, 50 alpine and freestyle skiers were named to the team, including 18 athletes from Ski & Snowboard Club Vail, 12 athletes from the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club, seven athletes from the Winter Park Competition Center, five athletes from the Aspen Valley Ski Club, one alpine skier from the University of Colorado, and one unaffiliated freestyle skier.
The All-star team includes 30 alpine skiers and 20 freestyle skiers.
"We're honored to support these young alpine and freestyle skiers who have earned their spots on the All-Star team," said Colorado Ski Country USA president and CEO Melanie Mills. "It takes enormous skill and dedication to train and compete on this level, and we're proud of the accomplishments of Colorado's winter athletes."
Colorado Ski Country USA awards all 50 all-stars a CSCUSA Colorado All-Star Pass which provides unlimited access to 22 Colorado Ski Country USA resorts to train and ski during the upcoming 2018-19 season.
Trending In: Sports
- From surfing to snowboarding: Catching up with U.S. snowboarders Red Gerard and Julia Marino
- Summit’s summits: Gary Fondl finishes off county’s 101 highest peaks (podcast)
- Thanksgiving open for Frisco Adventure Park tubing hill and Frisco Nordic Center
- Birds of Prey is officially a go in December
- Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin ski areas to open new terrain
- Dave and Amanda Repsher settle back into Summit County life years after deadly helicopter crash
- Summit County is contemplating changing tax assessment rates on for-profit homeowners
- String of fights at Summit High School could lead to charges against multiple students
- Slash and burn: photos from the pile burnings along Swan Mountain Road
- Summit Daily letters: Shame on you, town of Breck