3 to see: Just what might we witness Tuesday night in the men’s snowboard halfpipe final?
February 12, 2018
Though Summit County is 16 hours behind the time in Pyeongchang, South Korea, NBCOlympics.com is providing those who want to gorge on Olympics content the opportunity to watch every event live via NBCOlympics.com/video.
That said, here are three events for Summit County sports fans to see on Tuesday:
What: Women's singles luge medal rounds
When: Tuesday, 3:30 a.m. MST
Where to watch: https://stream.nbcolympics.com/luge-women-3-4
Why: Because in her last Olympic go-round, this is your final chance to see Pyeongchang's American flagbearer Erin Hamlin. The veteran luger and New York-native has her sights set on a second career Olympic medal after taking bronze in this event in Sochi.
Recommended Stories For You
What: Men's snowboard halfpipe medal round
When: Tuesday, 6:30 p.m. MST
Where to watch: http://stream.nbcolympics.com/snowboarding-mens-halfpipe-final
Why: Because we're probably going to see something — maybe several things — we've never seen before in a snowboard halfpipe competition. Twelve years after Torino, Shaun White remains the biggest name in snowboarding. And leading into the Pyeongchang Games, White surfed the wave that had highs, like his perfect score of 100 at the Aspen Snowmass Olympic qualifier, and the low of dropping out of the X Games due to the flu just a few weeks later. As long as they all qualify late Monday night, White will be pushed by American snowboarders such as Oregon's Ben Ferguson and Eagle-Vail's Jake Pates. Internationally, with I-Pod out due to the hellish X Games injury, X Games Aspen champion Ayumu Hirano of Japan may enter as the favorite above everyone — White included.
What: Women's slalom medal round
When: Tuesday, 6:15/9:45 p.m. MST
Where to watch: Run 1 — http://stream.nbcolympics.com/alpine-skiing-womens-slalom-1
Why: Because after wind delayed her other events, Eagle-Vail's Mikaela Shiffrin will debut at the Olympics in her strongest competition. Four years ago in Sochi, Shiffrin was three weeks shy of her 19th birthday when she became the youngest slalom champion in Olympic history. This time around, can she set an Olympic record?
Trending In: Sports
- Free ski clinics to kick off next month’s Summit County 50+ Winter Games
- Frisco invites Summit County community to celebrate ‘Team Frisco’
- Silverthorne snowboarder Chris Corning podiums at Austria World Cup slopestyle
- Summit Cove’s Vailles turn son’s snowshoe world championship win into experience for everyone
- Breckenridge cyclist Taylor Shelden wins Ullr fat bike race
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Justin Erwin accepts plea agreement in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault case