3 to see: Men’s curling semifinal, ski cross and ladies free skate medal rounds highlight Thursday Olympic action
February 21, 2018
Although Summit County is 16 hours behind the time in Pyeongchang, South Korea, NBCOlympics.com is providing those who want to gorge on Olympics content the opportunity to watch every event live via NBCOlympics.com/video.
That said, here are three events for Summit County sports fans to see on Thursday:
What: Men's curling, semifinal: USA vs. Canada
When: 4:05 a.m. MST
Where to watch: http://stream.nbcolympics.com/curling-mens-semifinal-1
Why: Because this is the first time in a dozen years the United States has placed a men's curling team through to the semifinal round of the Olympic tournament. If the team were to manage a medal, it would also be the nation's first since 2006, when Team USA won bronze. The group consists of John Shuster, Tyler George, Matt Hamilton, John Landsteiner and Joe Polo. As the No. 3 seed in the semifinals, the Americans will take on the three-time defending gold medalists Canada, a team they already defeated earlier in the week when team captain John Shuster pulled off a perfect shot on the final rock.
Recommended Stories For You
What: Women's ski cross, elimination rounds
When: 6 p.m. MST
Why: Because though not a single American will be competing, more than a dozen countries will field competitors in this mad dash of a race. The Canadians appear to be the favorites as the country took spots one through three in the seeding race, with gold medal contender Marielle Thompson finishing 22 seconds ahead of her nearest competitor.
What: Ladies free skate, medal round
When: 6 p.m. MST
Where to watch: http://stream.nbcolympics.com/figure-skating-ladies-free-skate
Why: Because after a great stretch of figure skating at this year's games, Americans Mirai Nagasu, Karen Chen and Bradie Tennell are eyeing one last American Olympic figure skating medal. They'll be challenged by medal favorites Alina Zagitova and Evgenia Medvedeva of Russia and Gabrielle Daleman of Canada.
Trending In: Sports
- Colorado hiking trails with waterfalls: South Willow Falls
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Local Hiking Trails Summit: The magnificent amphitheater of Mayflower Gulch
- After 2017 cancellation, more than 4,000 come out for Triple Bypass 30th anniversary
- Breckenridge theater director quits after board apologizes for Trump sketch at fundraiser
- UPDATE: Coors beer truck fire extinguished on Swan Mountain Road
- Successful fight against the Buffalo Mountain Fire rooted in stellar performances, strong relationships
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death