Anthony hits for career-high 42
December 13, 2005
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Carmelo Anthony scored a career-high 42 points and the Denver Nuggets handed the Charlotte Bobcats their eighth straight defeat, 101-85 on Tuesday night.With Michael Jordan in attendance, Anthony had his second 40-point game in less than a week. He also reached that mark in a victory over Miami on Friday.
Emeka Okafor had a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds for the Bobcats, who haven’t won since Nov. 26 against Washington.The Bobcats were without starting forward Gerald Wallace, who was inactive with a sprained right index finger. Wallace is second in scoring for Charlotte, averaging 14.6 points per game.
Without Wallace, the Bobcats made a game of it. Charlotte came back from a 10-point third quarter deficit with a 12-0 run, taking a 74-72 lead into the fourth quarter after playing from behind through most of the game.But the Nuggets rallied, building the lead to double digits again when Anthony hit a pair of free throws with 4:57 to go to make it 92-82.
Anthony had 24 points in the first half on 9-for-13 shooting from the field as Denver took a 49-44 lead.NOTES: Nuggets reserve guard Earl Boykins saw his streak of 253 consecutive games played end when he was inactive against the Bobcats with a strained left hamstring. Boykins’ streak was sixth among current NBA players. He was hurt during practice on Monday. Boykins averages 12 points and 4.3 assists per game. Boykins hadn’t missed a game since the 2002-3 season. … Denver forward Kenyon Martin, who missed the last two games with left knee tendinitis, was back in the starting lineup at Charlotte. … Denver coach George Karl said the team plans to assign guard Julius Hodge, a first-round draft pick, to the National Basketball Development League. Hodge has played in just two games so far this season.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)
- Podcast: Breckenridge’s ‘Doc PJ’ chats Saturday’s Imperial Challenge ‘pseduo-triathlon’
- Breckenridge’s Bonenberger, Frisco’s Gionfriddo excel at 2018 USASA nationals at Copper Mountain
- Cannabis for your workout: Four cannabis connoisseurs dish on their preferred strains when recreating
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017