Arapahoe Basin Ski Area targets December open for new Beavers lift
October 18, 2018
With his ski area's season-opening less than a day away, on Thursday afternoon Arapahoe Basin Ski Area chief operating officer Alan Henceroth shared information about when A-Basin hopes to open its new Beavers chairlift.
"We are still working hard at getting the Beavers Chairlift finished," Henceroth wrote. "The wire rope will be installed over the next couple of days and the rope splice will occur early next week. Soon after the splice, the carriers (the chairs) will be attached to the line.
"Throughout all of this," the COO continued, "there is a lot of work being done by the electricians. We anticipate the Acceptance Test (Load Test) to be completed the first week of November. That gives us plenty of time for a Beavers Chairlift December opening."
The new quad lift will serve 339 acres of A-Basin's 468-acre terrain expansion into The Beavers and Steep Gullies. The double-black diamond Steep Gullies terrain will not be serviced by this lift and requires a 30-minute hike.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge Ski Resort ski instructing community thanks 90-year-old for his contributions
- Colorado Avalanche Information Center issues special avalanche advisory through Monday
- Denver man finds meaning in adaptive sports after accident left him without his right arm and leg
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to World Cup slopestyle win in Laax; Arielle Gold rides new trick to halfpipe podium
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit
- Can modular homes save ski towns?
- Gibbs resigns as commissioner for Polis cabinet post, Democrats will appoint a successor