Be a bad*** with free skimo workshops from Summit Endurance Academy
August 30, 2016
Are your legs ready for the ski-mountaineering season? Didn't think so. Let local endurance coach Joe Howdyshell of Summit Endurance Academy whip your quads, calves and lungs into shape with the Bada** Clinics, a series of free (yes, free) pre-season workshops made just for skimo athletes, splitboarders and anyone else who prefers to make their own way up the mountain — no chairlifts required, thank you very much.
The series kicks off today (Aug. 31) at 6 p.m. at Elevate CoSpace in Breckenridge. The hour-long classes cover training techniques, intervals, nutrition and more for skimo athletes and backcountry ski junkies.
The series continues on Sept. 15 at 6 p.m. at Wilderness Sports in Dillon and end Oct. 11 at 6 p.m. at The Haute Route ski shop in Avon. For more info, see http://www.summitenduranceacademy.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)
- Podcast: Breckenridge’s ‘Doc PJ’ chats Saturday’s Imperial Challenge ‘pseduo-triathlon’
- Breckenridge’s Bonenberger, Frisco’s Gionfriddo excel at 2018 USASA nationals at Copper Mountain
- Cannabis for your workout: Four cannabis connoisseurs dish on their preferred strains when recreating
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017