Be a bad*** with free skimo workshops from Summit Endurance Academy
August 30, 2016
Are your legs ready for the ski-mountaineering season? Didn't think so. Let local endurance coach Joe Howdyshell of Summit Endurance Academy whip your quads, calves and lungs into shape with the Bada** Clinics, a series of free (yes, free) pre-season workshops made just for skimo athletes, splitboarders and anyone else who prefers to make their own way up the mountain — no chairlifts required, thank you very much.
The series kicks off today (Aug. 31) at 6 p.m. at Elevate CoSpace in Breckenridge. The hour-long classes cover training techniques, intervals, nutrition and more for skimo athletes and backcountry ski junkies.
The series continues on Sept. 15 at 6 p.m. at Wilderness Sports in Dillon and end Oct. 11 at 6 p.m. at The Haute Route ski shop in Avon. For more info, see http://www.summitenduranceacademy.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- Summit High boys soccer blasts Palisade; two Tigers golfers shoot below 80 at regional
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs