Breckenridge Calcutta begins on Saturday
April 3, 2009
The Breckenridge Calcutta, a community event since 1973, is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday in celebration of Breckenridges rich 150-year history of winter activities. This ski and board reunion will take place both on and off the hill and feature a 007 Retro Bash on Saturday at Beaver Run Resort & Conference Center. An on-hill race and barbecue will take place on Peak 9 of the Breckenridge Ski Resort on Sunday. The event is open to all ages and abilities.Join a get together of friends, legends, Summit County Olympians, hot shots and of course ski and board enthusiasts from near and far. Auctions, heavy hors d oeuvres and ski and board memorabilia will be on-hand as well as the glamorous Cold River Vodka Quantini Diamond Bar with an opportunity to win a diamond valued at $1,800.00.The reunion will move to the Breckenridge Ski Resort on Sunday. After your race, join us for the Breckenridge Calcutta BBQ on the deck of Peak 9 Restaurant (included in the race fee).The cost for corporate team is $600, which includes: 007 Retro Bash for ten people, Legend/Hotshot/Celebrity Race, barbecue and T-shirts for five people.Teams made up of family and friends costs $300 for participation and includes: 007 Retro Bash for six people, the race, barbecue and T-shirts for six people.For those wishing to compete as individuals (to be placed on a team) the cost is $60 (participants that are ages 12 and under are $35). Individual packages includes: 007 Retro Bash, race, barbecue and T-shirt. The Breckenridge Calcutta is part of the Breck150 Celebration and Breckenridge Ski Resorts Spring Massive. Proceeds from the Breckenridge Calcutta will benefit Quantum Sports Club. This event is sponsored in part by Vail Summit Orthopaedics, Comcast, K-CMV, McGraphix Creative, The Summit Foundation, Cold River Vodka and Wells Fargo.Reservations are still open and available to the public.For detailed information and to register visit http://www.quantumsportsclub.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- That winning feeling: Summit High football tops Woodland Park 38-30 for first win since last October
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs