Breckenridge girls win Lindsey Vonn Foundation scholarships
October 31, 2018
A pair of Summit County girls have been awarded scholarships via the Lindsey Vonn Foundation.
Isabelle Tarrant and Alina Cospolich, both of Breckenridge, are two of a dozen young people to earn the Lindsey Vonn Foundation fall 2018 scholarship honor, which went to a collection of eleven girls and one boy from across the country.
The dozen scholarship recipients will split a total of $40,288 in scholarship money, intended to help them all pursue educational, leadership and athletic endeavors.
The collection of individuals hail from seven different states (Colorado, Califorinia, Minnesota, Florida, Wisconsin, Texas and Illinois) and were awarded scholarships to pursue various endeavors including ice skating, cheer, school tuition, skiing (alpine and big mountain), tutoring, technology, snowboarding, dance, and college tours.
Twice per year, in the spring and fall, Vonn's foundation awards scholarships to applicants aged 11-18 who write in their application how a scholarship will help them to overcome obstacles and achieve their goals. The funds can be applied to enrichment activities of any kind, including camps, prep-classes and clubs that help children engage in their passion. Scholarship amounts range from $100 to $5,000.
"We were motivated, uplifted and inspired by this fall's scholarship applicants," said Laura Kildow, the Lindsey Vonn Foundation's executive director. "We know that all twelve of these young individuals will go on to do incredible things, and we're grateful to be part of their journey, and to support them in reaching their goals."
Recommended Stories For You
Scholarship winners must participate in an enrichment activity within six months of receipt of the scholarship. In order to apply for a scholarship, applicants must follow the application guidelines once they select a tier dollar amount. Applicants can re-apply once a year, but can only receive the scholarship three times total from the age of 11 to 18.
For more information and to fill out the online application on the Foundation's website, visit: https://www.lindseyvonnfoundation.org/scholarships/.
Trending In: Sports
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to host unprecedented ski mountaineering event
- Reimagined superpipe highlights this weekend’s post-Olympic Dew Tour
- At Dew Tour’s first day, Sildaru slays slopestyle, Silverthorne’s Amy Purdy takes second in adaptive
- Breckenridge disabled sports event helps Las Vegas shooting survivor move forward with her life
- Red’s road: Silverthorne Olympic gold medalist Red Gerard ponders where his career goes from here
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot
- Loveland Pass closed due to snow slide, will remain closed overnight
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Breckenridge reaches an agreement with ski resort on parking garage
- Frisco approves new short-term rental ordinance