Breckenridge, Keystone plan Nov. 9 ski openings; Copper Mountain targets Nov. 16
August 1, 2018
Attention Summit County skiers: We are now fewer than 100 days out from the day you'll be able to first carve turns at Vail Resorts' two premier Summit County ski areas!
Both Breckenridge Ski Resort and Keystone Resort are targeting Friday, Nov. 9 opening days for the public skiing and riding season, Vail Resorts spokeswoman Loryn Roberson said in a press release Wednesday.
Over at Copper Mountain Resort, the Powdr Corporation property is targeting a public opening date for the ensuing weekend, on Friday, Nov. 16, according to resort spokeswoman Taylor Prather.
Copper will open for the season after replacing both its American Flyer and American Eagle lifts. The new American Eagle Lift will be a high-speed lift that includes a combination of both six-person chairs and eight-person gondola cabins. Powdr claims the new lift will increase uphill capacity by more than 40 percent.
As for the new American Flyer Lift, it'll be a Leitner Poma high-speed six-person chair with bubble enclosures that'll increase uphill capacity by 33 percent.
Vail Resorts continues to list its price for the Epic Pass at $899, a pricetag that will run for about another month, through Sept. 3. The pass for the first time this season will feature unlimited, unrestricted skiing and riding at Crested Butte and seven days of unrestricted access to Telluride. In total, the pass offers unlimited access to 19 mountain resorts and limited access to 46 more throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan, France, Switzerland, Italy and Austria. The current price for a child pass, up to age 12, is $469.
Recommended Stories For You
As for Alterra Mountain Company’s new Ikon Pass — which Copper is a part of — the current price is $999 for unlimited access at 12 mountains, including Copper Mountain and Steamboat Ski Resort. The pricetag also includes seven days at each of 14 other skiing destinations in the U.S., Canada and Australia, among other benefits. Alterra is also currently advertising an “Ikon Base Pass” for $699. The base pass provides unlimited skiing at 10 destinations and up to five days at 16 other destinations. The college, military and teen — agers 13-17 — prices for the pass are currently $819. The child price for ages 5-12 is currently $549.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge Ski Resort ski instructing community thanks 90-year-old for his contributions
- Colorado Avalanche Information Center issues special avalanche advisory through Monday
- Denver man finds meaning in adaptive sports after accident left him without his right arm and leg
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit
- Can modular homes save ski towns?
- Gibbs resigns as commissioner for Polis cabinet post, Democrats will appoint a successor