Breckenridge Ski Resort to open Peak 8 green, blue and black runs for opening day
November 6, 2018
On Wednesday, Breckenridge Ski Resort will offer beginner, intermediate and advanced terrain for its 2018-19 winter season opening day.
All of the terrain is off of the resort's Peak 8, beginning with beginner trails Springmeier, Powerline and Swinger.
Intermediate trails on Peak 8 will include the runs Crescendo and Middle 4 O'clock. And advanced terrain on Peak 8 will include the trails Callie's Alley, Spruce, High Anxiety, Rounders and Little Johnny.
Over at Keystone Resort, opening day trails on Wednesday will include the Dercum Mountain beginner runs Schoolmarm, Silverspoon and Last Chance. The Montezuma Express lift and the River Run Gondola will be running.
Then on Friday, Keystone will open its North Peak terrain with the intermediate Prospector and Mozart trails serviced by the Santiago Express and Ruby Express chairlifts.
Trending In: Sports
- From surfing to snowboarding: Catching up with U.S. snowboarders Red Gerard and Julia Marino
- Summit’s summits: Gary Fondl finishes off county’s 101 highest peaks (podcast)
- Thanksgiving open for Frisco Adventure Park tubing hill and Frisco Nordic Center
- Birds of Prey is officially a go in December
- Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin ski areas to open new terrain
- Dave and Amanda Repsher settle back into Summit County life years after deadly helicopter crash
- Summit County is contemplating changing tax assessment rates on for-profit homeowners
- String of fights at Summit High School could lead to charges against multiple students
- Slash and burn: photos from the pile burnings along Swan Mountain Road
- Summit Daily letters: Shame on you, town of Breck