Due to high interest, Breckenridge’s ‘Winter Kickoff’ event moved to Riverwalk Center
November 8, 2018
The venue for Friday evening's Winter Kickoff event in Breckenridge has been changed from the Breckenridge Backstage Theater to the Riverwalk Center, due to high interest. The Riverwalk Center is located at 150 W. Adams Ave., in Breckenridge.
Mountain Outdoor Recreation Alliance, the Breckenridge Film Festival, the Friends of the Dillon Ranger District and Breckenridge Ski Resort will jointly host the event from 5-8:30 p.m.
The event will feature a 6 p.m. talk by Joel Gratz, the founder of the weather forecasting website OpenSnow, which is dedicated to chronicling skiing and riding snow conditions.
The event will also feature a 7 p.m. showing of Breckenridge Ski Resort's new documentary, "Above Treeline," about the resort's highest-elevation skiing and riding terrain and the people behind it.
Tickets are free for the event, though attendees are encouraged to donate to the featured nonprofits.
To find out more information and to RSVP, go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/breck-ski-resort-mountain-outdoor-recreation-alliance-and-fdrd-17213797973.
Trending In: Sports
- Summit Cove’s Vailles turn son’s snowshoe world championship win into experience for everyone
- Free ski clinics to kick off next month’s Summit County 50+ Winter Games
- Frisco invites Summit County community to celebrate ‘Team Frisco’
- German skier stripped of Beaver Creek Birds of Prey win for oxygen tank use
- Silverthorne snowboarder Chris Corning podiums at Austria World Cup slopestyle
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Ever-present threat of wildfire leads Breckenridge to rethink Fourth of July fireworks