Due to high interest, Breckenridge’s ‘Winter Kickoff’ event moved to Riverwalk Center
November 8, 2018
The venue for Friday evening's Winter Kickoff event in Breckenridge has been changed from the Breckenridge Backstage Theater to the Riverwalk Center, due to high interest. The Riverwalk Center is located at 150 W. Adams Ave., in Breckenridge.
Mountain Outdoor Recreation Alliance, the Breckenridge Film Festival, the Friends of the Dillon Ranger District and Breckenridge Ski Resort will jointly host the event from 5-8:30 p.m.
The event will feature a 6 p.m. talk by Joel Gratz, the founder of the weather forecasting website OpenSnow, which is dedicated to chronicling skiing and riding snow conditions.
The event will also feature a 7 p.m. showing of Breckenridge Ski Resort's new documentary, "Above Treeline," about the resort's highest-elevation skiing and riding terrain and the people behind it.
Tickets are free for the event, though attendees are encouraged to donate to the featured nonprofits.
To find out more information and to RSVP, go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/breck-ski-resort-mountain-outdoor-recreation-alliance-and-fdrd-17213797973.
Trending In: Sports
- From surfing to snowboarding: Catching up with U.S. snowboarders Red Gerard and Julia Marino
- Summit’s summits: Gary Fondl finishes off county’s 101 highest peaks (podcast)
- Thanksgiving open for Frisco Adventure Park tubing hill and Frisco Nordic Center
- Birds of Prey is officially a go in December
- Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin ski areas to open new terrain
- Dave and Amanda Repsher settle back into Summit County life years after deadly helicopter crash
- Summit County is contemplating changing tax assessment rates on for-profit homeowners
- String of fights at Summit High School could lead to charges against multiple students
- Slash and burn: photos from the pile burnings along Swan Mountain Road
- Summit Daily letters: Shame on you, town of Breck