Fireworks in the forecast at Augusta National
April 12, 2009
AUGUSTA, Ga. ” Get ready for some back-nine fireworks at Augusta National.
Kenny Perry and Angel Cabrera are in the final group of a major for the first time, but 16 others are within seven shots of the Masters lead and eager to take aim at the top two.
Mike Weir and Kevin Sutherland teed off in the first group Sunday, the fourth straight round played in warm, sunny conditions. The course could be there for the taking, especially with greens softened by a severe overnight storm that swept through Georgia after the second round.
Perry and Cabrera are tied at 11-under 205, the lowest 54-hole score at Augusta in seven years. Chad Campbell is two strokes behind, with Jim Furyk three back. Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson trail by seven strokes.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)
- Podcast: Breckenridge’s ‘Doc PJ’ chats Saturday’s Imperial Challenge ‘pseduo-triathlon’
- Breckenridge’s Bonenberger, Frisco’s Gionfriddo excel at 2018 USASA nationals at Copper Mountain
- Cannabis for your workout: Four cannabis connoisseurs dish on their preferred strains when recreating
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017