Fireworks in the forecast at Augusta National
April 12, 2009
AUGUSTA, Ga. ” Get ready for some back-nine fireworks at Augusta National.
Kenny Perry and Angel Cabrera are in the final group of a major for the first time, but 16 others are within seven shots of the Masters lead and eager to take aim at the top two.
Mike Weir and Kevin Sutherland teed off in the first group Sunday, the fourth straight round played in warm, sunny conditions. The course could be there for the taking, especially with greens softened by a severe overnight storm that swept through Georgia after the second round.
Perry and Cabrera are tied at 11-under 205, the lowest 54-hole score at Augusta in seven years. Chad Campbell is two strokes behind, with Jim Furyk three back. Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson trail by seven strokes.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Six years after graduation, Summit High alum Rob Courtney back as school’s athletic trainer
- Summit High boys soccer blasts Palisade; two Tigers golfers shoot below 80 at regional
- Breckenridge Film Fest features ‘Afghan Cycles’ documentary, other outdoor-related films
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter