For $20 less, Copper Mountain launches REI ‘Four Pack’ ski option
March 20, 2018
Beginning next year, REI members will have to pay a bit less for four days of skiing at Copper Mountain Resort.
Next season, Copper Mountain will offer a special $189 "Four Pack" option for REI members to ski or ride four times at the resort. The option is $20 cheaper than the resort's standard "Four Pack" option for four days of skiing and riding at the resort, which will be $209 next year. The pass went on sale on Tuesday.
The option for the 2018-19 season comes a year after Copper Mountain and the outdoor recreation retail cooperative launched the "REI Adventure Station" physical store at the resort this past ski season. The store's opening came in the wake of the grand opening of the REI store in Dillon.
For skiers and riders who aren't currently REI members but sign up as co-op members through the resort's REI Four Pack option, they will receive the lifetime REI membership and the pass at a $189 price.
“Copper Mountain is a perfect place to explore the alpine wilderness through REI’s Adventure Station. It’s the only place you can do a lift assisted snowshoe Peak Ascent with sweeping views of the Tenmile and Gore mountain ranges.”Rebecca BearDirector of outdoor experiences at REI
Recommended Stories For You
The REI Four Pack pass will also be a REI-branded pass that offers free belt waxes at participating Colorado REI stores and the same perks that standard Copper Mountain Four Pack and unlimited season passholders receive.
"Copper Mountain is a perfect place to explore the alpine wilderness through REI's Adventure Station — snowshoeing with family, trying winter fat biking or socializing with friends on one of our happy hour excursions," said Rebecca Bear, director of outdoor experiences at REI. "It's the only place you can do a lift assisted snowshoe Peak Ascent with sweeping views of the Tenmile and Gore mountain ranges."
As for returning Four Pack purchasers, Copper season passholders and Rocky Mountain Super Pass+ passholders, the resort is also offering a bonus day — for a total of five days of skiing and riding at Copper Mountain — if 2018-19 passholders renew their Four Pack in-person or online by April 30.
Next season's unlimited Copper Mountain season passes are currently on sale starting at $459, with Kids Ski Free, which offers adults who purchase a season pass a free Copper pass for a child between the ages of 5 and 12.
Copper season passes include unlimited access to Copper Mountain along with three free days at Monarch Mountain, Purgatory and Taos Ski Valley in New Mexico. Passholders can also enjoy free skiing and riding at Grand Targhee Resort, with the purchase of lodging.
To learn more about the Copper Mountain Four Pack, REI exclusive perks and discounted four pack access, and Copper season passes, or to purchase one, you can visit CopperColorado.com/passes.
To learn more about REI outdoor programs at Copper Mountain, or to register, visit: REI.com/copper-mountain.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge cyclist Taylor Shelden wins Ullr fat bike race
- Denver man finds meaning in adaptive sports after accident left him without his right arm and leg
- Team Frisco welcomed home from Lake Placid International Children’s Games
- Breckenridge Ski Resort ski instructing community thanks 90-year-old for his contributions
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area