Gallery: Alpine spa day at Dirty Girl Mud Run 2017 (photos and 360 video)
June 12, 2017
Think mud baths are only for posh Los Angeles spas? Think again.
On Saturday, June 10, hundreds for women from across the state, county and globe descended on Copper Mountain for the annual Dirty Girl Mud Run, a benefit for the California nonprofit Boarding for Breast Cancer. The ladies were greeted by sun, 70-degree temps and mud pit after mud pit after mud pit. After completing the 5K course, everyone was provided with a shower and sunbathing on the first true weekend of summer. Here's what Summit Daily photographer Hugh Carey found when he visited the pits.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)
- Breckenridge’s Bonenberger, Frisco’s Gionfriddo excel at 2018 USASA nationals at Copper Mountain
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Podcast: Breckenridge’s ‘Doc PJ’ chats Saturday’s Imperial Challenge ‘pseduo-triathlon’
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne