Gallery: Alpine spa day at Dirty Girl Mud Run 2017 (photos and 360 video)
June 12, 2017
Think mud baths are only for posh Los Angeles spas? Think again.
On Saturday, June 10, hundreds for women from across the state, county and globe descended on Copper Mountain for the annual Dirty Girl Mud Run, a benefit for the California nonprofit Boarding for Breast Cancer. The ladies were greeted by sun, 70-degree temps and mud pit after mud pit after mud pit. After completing the 5K course, everyone was provided with a shower and sunbathing on the first true weekend of summer. Here's what Summit Daily photographer Hugh Carey found when he visited the pits.
Trending In: Sports
- ‘Call it pipestyle’: Chloe Kim, Alex Ferreira win modified superpipe competitions lauded by athletes
- Dewing it big: Silverthorne’s Chris Corning comes back to take second in snowboard slopestyle at Dew Tour
- Snow strong: After Olympics, Silverthorne snowboarder Chris Corning focuses on having fun, improving strength
- Red’s road: Silverthorne Olympic gold medalist Red Gerard ponders where his career goes from here
- Deja Dew: Scotty James, Chase Josey, Toby Miller go 1-2-3 on modified pipe week after finishing on Copper podium
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Silverthorne gives marijuana dispensary second chance after undercover sting
- Vail Resorts CEO gives $620K to support mental health programs in Summit County
- Summit County comes together and sings Christmas carols for cancer-stricken SHS student Taylor Ash
- Mountain Wheels: Colorado drivers – I have some questions for you