Garrett Atkins and Rockies agree to $4,387,500, 1-year contract
February 11, 2008
DENVER – Third baseman Garrett Atkins and the Colorado Rockies agreed Monday to a one-year contract worth $4,387,500.Atkins batted .301 with 25 homers and 111 RBIs last season for the NL champions.Eligible for arbitration for the first time, he had asked for a raise from $400,000 to $4.65 million when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. Colorado offered $4,125,000.Atkins can earn $92,500 in performance bonuses: $17,500 each for 600, 625 and 650 plate appearances, and $20,000 each for 675 and 700 plate appearances.Colorado has two players remaining in arbitration, pitcher Brian Fuentes and outfielder Brad Hawpe.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Summit High boys soccer blasts Palisade; two Tigers golfers shoot below 80 at regional
- Breckenridge Film Fest features ‘Afghan Cycles’ documentary, other outdoor-related films
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall