In 1st girls lacrosse meeting, Tigers tame Devils
March 22, 2017
GYPSUM — Eagle Valley girls lacrosse lost its league opener to Summit High, 11-7, on Tuesday at John Ramunno Field in Gypsum.
The visiting Tigers led 7-3 at the half.
"I'm very happy with the way they played the second half," Devils coach Jessi Dondero said. "I think we struggled a little in the first half. The girls just wore themselves out in the first half, instead of making smart passes, and moving the ball that way."
Senior duo Maddy Remias and Katelyn Keen led the Tigers with four goals apiece. Also getting in on the action were sophomores Maddy Markel and Aldyn Hart, while goalie Ella Piecoup had a stonewall afternoon.
For the Devils, Camille Blose scored four times, including a second-half hat trick. Lindsay Martinez, Jillian Byron and Rachel Devlin also found the back of the net for Eagle Valley.
Summit is now 4-1 on the season and 4-1 in the 4A Western league. The girls next host Steamboat Springs on April 5 at 4 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Company plans gravel-mining operation in Summit County
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Vail Resorts making big investments, improvements for 19/20 season
- Breckenridge resident receives kidney from Florida firefighter
- Vail Pass suicide is Summit County’s 11th suicide of the year; officials urge dialogue on crisis