Jog and chow at Fit Foodie Festival in Denver this July
March 22, 2017
Can't wait to finish a 10K before you chow down? There's a race for that.
On July 29, John Hancock life insurance hosts the Fit Foodie Festival 5K/10K — the most delicious run ever, according to a release — in Westminster, a suburb north of Denver. The mouthwatering festival and 5K/10K proves that a "calorie burned is a calorie earned," the release continued, and brings the pages of Cooking Light and Health magazines alive at Westminster City Park. The two runs and attached festival celebrate the balance of delicious, healthy food and active lifestyle as runners eat way their way to the finish line festival with bites at every mile.
Inside the John Hancock Vitality Village Food and Fitness Festival, runners are rewarded with even more food from local restaurants, along with a beer and wine garden, mini workout classes, cooking demonstrations, meet-and-greets with Olympic marathoners Deena Kastor and Shalane Flanagan, and more. The $25 or $35 registration fee includes: race registration and bib, bites at each mile, a finisher's medal, post-race tasting stations, a goody bag with gifts from top health and wellness brands, and cash prizes for top finishers. Registration also includes a donation to the Fit Foodie Charity.
Registration fees begin at $25 per person for the 5K and $35 per person for the 10K. Prices begin to increase on May 30. Spectators receive complimentary admission to the post-race festival. Race registration is now available at FitFoodieRun.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area installing new 4-person ‘Beavers’ lift, starts making snow Tuesday morning
- Summit girls rugby wins Palmer 7’s tournament at Air Force Academy; Summit MTB takes third at Granby
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- Summit High Football struggles on homecoming, boys soccer draws Steamboat, Staberg runs to 6th in Loveland