Kids carve it up at Keystone in Summit Cup ski racing series
January 22, 2015
Kids of all ages took to the slopes at Keystone Resort Saturday for the first event in the annual Summit Cup youth racing series. The competition, put on by The Summit Foundation and Team Summit Colorado, is free to enter for kids ages 15 and under.
Saturday's Alpine ski and snowboard giant slalom races included about 120 participants. The series will continue with a slopestyle event at Copper Mountain Resort Sunday, Feb. 8, followed by a mogul and big-mountain competition Sunday, March 1, at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area. The series closes with a stubby gates and skills competition Sunday, March 15, at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
For information and registration for other events in the series, visit teamsummit.org/events-and-support, or call (970) 968-3080.
Trending In: Sports
- Podcast: Breckenridge’s ‘Doc PJ’ chats Saturday’s Imperial Challenge ‘pseduo-triathlon’
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8
- Cannabis for your workout: Four cannabis connoisseurs dish on their preferred strains when recreating
- King of the hill retires after 45 years with Aspen Skiing Co.
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape