Kids ski free at Keystone Dec. 1 to kick off Colorado Family Ski Month
November 30, 2016
Call it the season of free.
Beginning Dec. 1, Keystone Resort launches the inaugural Colorado Family Ski Month, a month-long, family-friendly celebration of winter activities that define living in the Centennial State. To kick off the celebration, all kids 12 years old and younger will have access to free skiing and riding on Thursday, with special events continuing throughout the month.
Kids ski free Dec. 1
That's right: In honor of the fifth anniversary of the Keystone Kids Ski Free program, the resort is kicking off Colorado Family Ski Month with free skiing for all kids 12 years old and younger. Simply show up with an adult season pass or lift ticket to claim a free child's ticket. Children also ski free all season when parents book two or more nights of eligible lodging.
World's Largest Snow Fort opens
The World's Largest Snow Fort returns to Keystone's Dercum Mountain this December and it's bigger and better than ever, according to a release from the resort, offering families the ultimate snow playground at 11,640 vertical feet. Featuring a series of tunnels, slides and mazes, the mountaintop fort is a staple of Keystone's Kidtopia offerings, the release continued, and provides free family entertainment for all. The fort is scheduled to open on Saturday, Dec. 17 and is free to guests with lift access.
Recommended Stories For You
Free Ski and Ride School clinics
Bumps, turns and trails — Keystone has them all for the older crowd. The Keystone Ski and Ride School hosts free clinics throughout December, including an introduction to moguls, skiing parallel, linking snowboard turns, terrain selection and mountain safety.
Clinics are held on Dec. 2-4, Dec. 9-11 and Dec. 16-18. All sessions begin at 11 a.m. and participants must be 16 years or older. Register in advance by calling the ski school at 800-255-3715.
Trending In: Sports
- Breckenridge, Keystone to open lifts for summer June 8; golf courses in May
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)
- The Denver Broncos all-time top 30 draft picks by advanced stats
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Lawrence G. Keane: Article wrongly blames ammo, hunters as eagles’ biggest threats
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system