Live coverage of the 106º West half-Ironman Triathlon in Dillon
September 10, 2016
The Summit Daily News will follow the 106º West Half Ironman Triathlon in Dillon today from start to finish. Also tune into our Facebook page for LIVE coverage from the transition area, including the inaugural swim.
The 106 West Triathlon isn't just for the athletes. The day features a vendor village at the Dillon Marina, with plenty of opportunities to clap, shout, cheer, ring cowbells — anything. The swim begins at 9 a.m. and ends around 10 a.m., and Dillon Marina's Tiki Bar will be open all morning. Post up for food, beer, margaritas and more right on the dock within steps of the transition area. The eastbound lanes of U.S. Highway 6 will be closed for the race — the bike route runs from Dillon Marina to Montezuma and back — but the entire Summit County rec path around Lake Dillon and down to Keystone. Try riding your bike from the marina to the eagle statue on the highway, or continue all the way to Keystone, passing by Swan Mountain Road and the Keystone golf course. The run leads from Dillon Marina to Heaton Bay campground near Frisco on the Dam Road. Bike is still the best way to get around on the rec path, or you can post up at the Frisco Marina to get away from the traffic. Heaton Bay will also be open to the public.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Six years after graduation, Summit High alum Rob Courtney back as school’s athletic trainer
- Summit High boys soccer blasts Palisade; two Tigers golfers shoot below 80 at regional
- Breckenridge Film Fest features ‘Afghan Cycles’ documentary, other outdoor-related films
- Peaks trail dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall