Locals shine at Special Olympics
April 3, 2009
Head coach Sharon Farmer successfully lead the Summit County Special Olympics team to a good showing at the Special Olympics State Games held at Copper Mountain on March 29 and 30 .
Many Summit locals had high finishes in the event.
Vital LaRocque of Dillon Valley earned a fourth-place finish in slalom and a silver medal in the giant slalom.
Kate Strahlo, from Silverthorne, took a bronze medal in the slalom and fourth place in GS.
Keystone’s Ryan Bennett won a silver medal in slalom and fourth in GS
And Kelly Faber of Frisco won a gold medal in slalom and bronze in GS.
Trending In: Sports
- Six years after graduation, Summit High alum Rob Courtney back as school’s athletic trainer
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Summit High freshman girls MTB trio parlays summer success into fruitful fall
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Breckenridge Film Fest features ‘Afghan Cycles’ documentary, other outdoor-related films