Matthews takes third at NorAm
February 21, 2008
Team Summit’s Mikaela Matthews landed on the podium last Friday after capturing the bronze medal in the single moguls competition at the 2008 Canada Post NorAm Freestyle Frenzy event series. Held at Apex Mountain Resort in British Columbia, the event featured international, developing athletes competing to advance in World Cup rankings. Ani Haas, of the U.S., won the event and Maxime Dufour-Lapoint of Canada was the silver medalist. Team Summit’s Whitney Henceroth took 10th, while Jordan Poyfair and Rebecca Miller finished 19th and 20th, respectively. Team Summit’s Justin Henceroth placed 20th and Brandon Denker was 27th in the men’s competition.Team Summit will also compete at Winter Park today and Saturday in the NorAm finals.
Trending In: Sports
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Summit High boys soccer blasts Palisade; two Tigers golfers shoot below 80 at regional
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs