Meet Mikaela Shiffrin at the Westin Riverfront in Avon on June 2
June 2, 2017
Today's your chance to meet a real-live Olympic gold medalist in person.
At 5:30 p.m. today (June 2), The Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa in Avon (the base of Beaver Creek Resort) is hosting a community Q&A with Mikaela Shiffrin, an EagleVail native who just so happens to be the best female slalom skier in the world. And she's only 22 years old.
Don't let that fool you, though. Shiffrin, who trains at The Westin Riverfront as the resort's resident gold medalist, is articulate and entertaining. During the informal Q&A, she will answer questions about how she achieved her overall World Cup title this winter and how she's preparing for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. Shiffrin won her first Olympic slalom gold medal in Sochi, Russia in 2014.
Held on the resort's Pool Deck, the event is free and open to the public. Due to construction at the hotel, the best parking option is on town of Avon public streets. Limited valet parking may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Along with Shiffrin, the Westin Riverfront Laps Pool Bar will be bumping with live music, as well as a poolside menu that offers delicious drinks, snacks, sandwiches and salads.
For more information about the Shiffrin Q&A or Friday afternoon activities, visit WestinRiverfrontBeaverCreek.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Breck 100 competitors race over the Continental Divide
- Competing in his first Breckenridge 100, Breck pro cyclist Taylor Shelden eyes overall victory
- Ready for her 30th consecutive Triple Bypass, Susan Meinerz reflects on event’s grassroots
- Summit County Bike Guide: Mayflower Gulch (video)
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts