New trails and events, like Enduro World Series, come to Snowmass bike park this sumer
May 31, 2017
In Snowmass, biking is to summer what skiing is to winter.
The same mountain that offers more than 3,300 skiable acres and 4,406 vertical feet in the winter becomes a hub for downhill and cross-country riding in the summer, according to a release from the resort. Snowmass offers over 80 miles of trails that connect directly to Snowmass Village, featuring chairlifts with direct-to-trail access, cross-country terrain, rentable bikes and gear, cycling pros for instrution, cheap (and free) bus transportation, and more.
New for summer 2017, Snowmass is now home to improved bike trails. The Seven Star Trail is new for the 2017 summer season, while the Campground Connector Trail has been rerouted. The Snowmass Loop — 24 miles of singletrack combining over 10 different trails, which can be split into three or four different segments — returns as a local and guest favorite.
Here's a look at upcoming biking events at Snowmass this summer:
Snowmass Loop Mountain Bike Fondo | June 24
The Prestige Imports Snowmass Loop Mountain Bike Fondo, presented by Intense Cycles, returns for its second year. The 2017 event features a new 20-mile course, utilizing portions of the Snowmass Loop. Participation in the MTB Fondo is free and open to the first 75 riders; all participants who get a free spot in this exclusive event are encouraged to support the Roaring Fork Mountain Bike Association (RFMBA) through an annual membership or an online donation at RFMBA.org/support.
Recommended Stories For You
Enduro World Series | July 29-30
In late July, Snowmass will host the only U.S. stop of the Enduro World Series for the second year in a row. The two-day event blends high-altitude Colorado singletrack with some of the biggest descents and best riding in the area. The Enduro World Series features six stage covering more than 15,000 feet of descending and 1,500 feet of climbing, with both lift-served and backcountry access to start lines. Snowmass is the sixth stop on the 2017 EWS tour.
VIDA Women's Mountain Bike Clinic | Aug. 5-6
VIDA Women's Mountain Biking Clinic is an ideal place for women who rip to learn or enhance their mountain biking skills, as well as to meet other ladies who share their passion for the sport. The two-day event provides women with the opportunity to connect with VIDA coaches and fully immerse themselves into the nitty-gritty of proper biking technique.
Trending In: Sports
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- That winning feeling: Summit High football tops Woodland Park 38-30 for first win since last October
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs