North London Mill site to host volunteer work day Saturday
September 19, 2018
With the vision of converting its site into a backcountry hut, the North London Mill Site preservation non-profit organization will host a rehabilitation work day at the Park County landmark on Saturday.
The organization will spend the day carefully removing sections of the North London office in preparation for rehabilitation efforts taking place in October. The materials will be salvaged for reuse.
The work crew will depart from the Almart in Alma at 9:30 a.m. Bryan Carter will lead the work party. For those interesting in helping, the non-profit said to bring the following: adequate water, snacks, lunch, gloves, work boots, appropriate apparel for weather at 11,200-feet, a clawhammer and/or a prybar.
For those who prefer to meet the work group at the North London site, the non-profit is asking to inform them in advance. They can be reached at: email@example.com.
For more information, visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/1837791216276289/.
Trending In: Sports
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on opening day
- ‘To recreate what a contest can be’: Dew Tour superpipe designer describes inspiration behind re-imagined course
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn says 2018-19 season will be her last
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Summit ski and snowboard stars Gerard, Corning, Brown, Hoerter prep in Switzerland (Video)
- Arapahoe Basin, Loveland ski areas announce opening days for 2018-19 season
- Parking garage talks suggest warming relationship between Breckenridge, Vail Resorts
- Breckenridge OKs $8 million to build town-owned fiber optic network
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- Mama bear and her three cubs spend the night in Snowmass building