Nov. 17 on-mountain event at Breckenridge Ski Resort to feature Red Gerard, Julia Marino, Gramatik concert
October 27, 2018
Breckenridge Ski Resort and Mountain Dew have announced the new early-season on-mountain event the resort hinted at, at last month's Summit County Ski Areas Chief Operating Officer's Breakfast.
A month before the start of the 11th annual Dew Tour at Breckenridge, local fans will get an early taste of the action via the new Mountain Dew Snow Dance on Nov. 17.
Mountain Dew is dubbing it "the ultimate pre-season mountain experience at Breckenridge Resort," and the day is to feature giveaways and meet-and-greets with 2018 Olympic slopestyle snowboarding gold-medalist Red Gerard of Silverthorne and five-time X Games slopestyle and big-air medalist Julia Marino.
In terms of music, Slovenian electronic music producer and DJ, Gramatik will headline with a 4-7 p.m. concert, along with other yet-to-be announced local artists performing throughout the day on-mountain.
The event, which is scheduled to run from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., is free and open to members of the public of all ages. There will also be free parking at the Satellite Lot, with 5-minute shuttle rides to the BreckConnect Gondola.
This winter's Dew Tour is scheduled for Dec. 13-16 at Breckenridge Ski Resort, and will feature a re-imagined halfpipe contest with features above and below the pipe.
Trending In: Sports
- Free ski clinics to kick off next month’s Summit County 50+ Winter Games
- Breckenridge cyclist Taylor Shelden wins Ullr fat bike race
- Frisco invites Summit County community to celebrate ‘Team Frisco’
- Silverthorne snowboarder Chris Corning podiums at Austria World Cup slopestyle
- Summit Cove’s Vailles turn son’s snowshoe world championship win into experience for everyone
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Justin Erwin accepts plea agreement in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault case