Nuggets win under interim coach Scott Brooks
December 1, 2005
DENVER ” Desmond Mason scored 21 of his season-best 26 points after halftime in the New Orleans’ Hornets win over the Denver Nuggets, who were without their star forward and their leader.
Nuggets coach George Karl was suspended two games without pay for publicly criticizing officials after the Nuggets’ loss to New Jersey on Monday night. His suspension began Wednesday night and he’ll miss the team’s trip to Phoenix on Friday night.
Assistant coach Scott Brooks, who went 0-2 in place of a suspended Karl to start the season, was without the services of forward Carmelo Anthony, who sprained his left ankle Monday night.
Andre Miller had a season-best 33 points for Denver.
Trending In: Sports
- Podcast: Breckenridge’s ‘Doc PJ’ chats Saturday’s Imperial Challenge ‘pseduo-triathlon’
- As Major League Rugby launches, Frisco’s Connor Cook describes the journey to become a pro athlete
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8
- Cannabis for your workout: Four cannabis connoisseurs dish on their preferred strains when recreating
- King of the hill retires after 45 years with Aspen Skiing Co.
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape