Nuggets win under interim coach Scott Brooks
December 1, 2005
DENVER ” Desmond Mason scored 21 of his season-best 26 points after halftime in the New Orleans’ Hornets win over the Denver Nuggets, who were without their star forward and their leader.
Nuggets coach George Karl was suspended two games without pay for publicly criticizing officials after the Nuggets’ loss to New Jersey on Monday night. His suspension began Wednesday night and he’ll miss the team’s trip to Phoenix on Friday night.
Assistant coach Scott Brooks, who went 0-2 in place of a suspended Karl to start the season, was without the services of forward Carmelo Anthony, who sprained his left ankle Monday night.
Andre Miller had a season-best 33 points for Denver.
Trending In: Sports
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Summit High boys soccer blasts Palisade; two Tigers golfers shoot below 80 at regional
- Breckenridge Film Fest features ‘Afghan Cycles’ documentary, other outdoor-related films
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case