On The Hill: Log riding in the Vail trees before 2 feet of fresh blankets Summit (video)
December 17, 2016
On The Hill is brought to you by The Steadman Clinic and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute. Follow host Z Griff (@zgriff) on IG and tag your photos #othwzg to stay in touch with the latest!
VIDEO: One week it’s dry as a bone, the next week there’s enough snow to tackle some of the biggest, burliest, nastiest log rails in Colorado. Z Griff heads out with the crew to take on an enormous log monstrosity in the Vail trees before returning home for the biggest storm of the season so far: nearly 2 feet of snow at Breckenridge and Copper Mountain overnight between Friday and Saturday, with more in the forecast. If you aren’t heading up here already, call in sick for Monday. There are still freshies to be found.
Snow Reports: Breck 19″, A-Bay 18″, Keystone 17″, Vail 10″, Beaver Creek 14″
SDN report: The state got smacked with snow. It came down fast and it was cold. Snowstakes are showing totals above what’s reported.
Temp: High 19 F, low 0 F.
Breakdown: We have been blessed with a big pow storm. Today, tomorrow and into early next week will be great, with more terrain opening at every mountain in the I-70 corridor.
Trending In: Sports
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- KneeHab: Sex for knee patients? It’s a thing, and other post-op thoughts
- The Outsider: When should you remove a rod in your leg?
- That winning feeling: Summit High football tops Woodland Park 38-30 for first win since last October
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs